Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Couch to 5K (C25K) Journey: Week 4

This week I am flying back out to Dallas for work, so I did my first run on Sunday in Colorado, the second one will be in Dallas and the third one is yet to be determined... :-)

C25K Week 4 Day 1

Max run: 4 mins
Total Distance: 2.57
Total Time: 36.52
How it felt: I ate a HUGE lunch, so I tried to wait as long as I could (before the sun went down) to run again. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was difficult at the end of each of the 4 minute intervals, but I pushed through.

C25K Week 4  Day 2

In Dallas!
Max run: 5 mins
Total Distance: 3.1 miles
Total Time: 42:07
How it felt: This was a great day for many reasons! First, because I feel like running 5 minutes straight is a big milestone for me. Second, I actually went a full 5K distance today, and the time wasn't that bad! Was difficult while doing it, but feeling very accomplished. Noticed that the last couple weeks I have actually been struggling with leg fatigue more than lung fatigue which is absolutely crazy for me - the 60 second runs 3 weeks ago had my lungs working at full capacity. Now I can do 5 minutes with less strain. Amazing!

C25K Week 4  Day 3

Max run: 5 mins
Total Distance: 2.61
Total Time: 37.32
How it felt: I ran this after I got back to Colorado. The two 5 minute intervals were pretty difficult today. A little nervous about the 6 minute intervals next week, but even more nervous about the 8 min intervals next week!


GO TO WEEK 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment