Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Couch to 5K (C25K) Journey: Week 6

This week I am in Dallas for work. Hooray for lower elevation!! :-P

C25K Week 6 Day 1

Max run: 10 mins
Total Distance: Not sure
Total Time: 35ish
How it felt: I fully intended on running in the park by my parents' house today but a freak thunderstorm decided to roll on through literally right before I walked out the door. By the time the storm was through it was dark outside, so I just ran on a treadmill today. Not how I intended to do my first 10 minute run, but oh well. I did it!

C25K Week 6 Day 2

Max run: 10 mins
Total Distance: 3.14 miles
Total Time: 41:49
How it felt: Woohoo!! I was an overachiever and went further than I had to today - 5K! I ran what it told me to run and I walked what I was supposed to walk, but I just added on a little more. But just under 42 mins for a 5K isn't too bad in my opinion! I sure do love this trail. It is the Bird Fort Trail in Irving, TX.

C25K Week 6 Day 3

Max run: 15 mins
Total Distance: 2.24
Total Time: 29:33
How it felt: Big jump today... 10 mins to 15 mins. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some anxiety in the day and a half leading up to this run. But I am so proud of myself. I did it.. and it didn't seem that hard!

Next week marks a milestone in my running progress. No stopping to walk!! Running straight through!! *gulp* Two 20 min runs and a 25 minute run next week.


GO TO WEEK 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment