Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Couch to 5K (C25K) Journey: Week 7

Back in Denver this week for some big runs! It's amazing how quickly the times have ramped up, but it's even more amazing how my endurance has kept up with it. I don't know how, but the body is an amazing thing. And this app (5K Runner by ClearSky) is terrific!

This is the last full week before I leave on a big vacation next week! Sadly, just 1 week short of completing the program. It will be interesting to see how my body fairs when I go back to running after vacation. Tune in next week to see where we went!

C25K Week 7 Day 1

Max run: 20 mins
Total Distance: 2.3 miles
Total Time: 29:25
How it felt: Wow... I can't believe I did it, but I did! 20 mins straight, no breaks! It was pretty difficult at the end and I felt a little nauseated afterwards, but it was worth it.

C25K Week 7 Day 2

Max run: 20 mins
Total Distance: 2.33 miles
Total Time: 31:03
How it felt: A little disappointed today. It was actually much more difficult to run the 20 mins today than it was the first time! Go figure. I felt very very sick and basically on the verge of throwing up at the end of the run. And somehow, I was SLOWER than the first time. Oh well. I won't beat myself up for it because that will do no good. My yoga teacher in college told me something that has never left me - it was basically this:
Your body is different everyday. Everyday your body will react differently. Some days you will amaze yourself with the poses you can hit. Some days you can't understand why you can't get a pose you've been able to do for months. I found this to be true in yoga, so I imagine it is true with any physical exercise. Don't become upset with your body - it will have it's off days. Just stay positive and don't give up!

C25K Week 7 Day 3

Max run: 25 mins
Total Distance: 2.35 miles
Total Time: 32:06
How it felt: Wow, so I did 25 mins today! And it wasn't that bad! After last time, I realized that I needed to make a very intentional effort to slow myself down and keep a consistent pace. I knew this would be the best way to actually meet my goal. And it worked! I wasn't fast by any means, but I didn't stop and that's what matters.

Well, I will be going on vacation on Wednesday so this was my last run for a while. We will be out of the country, so I'm not going to be running outside and most of the places we are staying at are more B&B type places without workout facilities. It will be very interesting to see what my body can do when I return.

If I stay on track when I return, week 8 day 2 I should hit my goal - 30 mins straight of running! Hard to believe it is so close.

Thanks for sticking with me thus far, readers!

GO TO WEEK 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment