Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Couch to 5K (C25K) Journey: Week 8

Well, dear readers, this is it! The final week! The last run this week I will try my best to hit 3.1 miles. The final run in the 5K Runner C25K program asks that you run for 35 minutes. Judging from my previous times, I will not be able to do 3.1 miles in 35 minutes, but I plan on running at least 35 minutes (as long as I can) until I hit 3.1 miles.

We also just got back from our vacation in Europe! We visited Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and it was amazing.

Now that I'm back home, let's get back to running!

C25K Week 8 Day 1

Max run: 28 mins
Total Distance: 2.3 miles
Total Time: 29:14
How it felt: So happy! I made it 28 minutes straight after going without running for 2 weeks! The body can do amazing things! It was tough, but I stuck it out. Next run, if I am successful, I will hit my goal of running 30 minutes straight without stopping.

C25K Week 8 Day 2

Max run: 30 mins
Total Distance: 2.45 miles
Total Time: 30:44
How it felt: I did it!! I met my goal! 30 minutes without stopping!! I'm not fast by any means, but I didn't stop and for that, I am so proud. My final run, I am supposed to go a distance of 3.1 miles. I'm unsure if I will be able to run that full time, but I will try my hardest! We'll see how it goes.

C25K Week 8 Day 3

Max run: 38 mins
Total Distance: 3.1 miles
Total Time: 38:10
How it felt: I'm amazed and elated. I did it! I ran a 5K without stopping, and I don't think the time was too bad either (especially considering my times up until now)! I went from running 2.45 miles last time to 3.1 miles this time. Very proud of myself. I think it probably helps that I did this at sea level instead of Denver altitude, but I still did it!


Closing Thoughts

First, I would say this couch to 5K program WORKS. I started out hating running and barely being able to run one minute straight. Now I can run 3.1 miles without stopping. ALSO (and this is a big plus), I've kinda come to like the running lifestyle. It's rather enjoyable and freeing. It's a bit of "me time" in an otherwise busy and noisy day.

I feel healthier and happier having completed this program. That being said, I have NOT lost any weight, and I can't say I really look any different. I think this is mostly because I feel like I have (not necessarily intentionally) increased my caloric intake as I increased my caloric expenditure - which, of course, is not the way to lose weight. :-) But that's okay. I still feel proud of myself and am determined to keep up this new lifestyle change.

Thanks for following me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment